Americans shop all year round and reaching these consumers is increasingly important. According to TVB’s 2017 Categories Collection, retailers can drive increased consumer spending by using local broadcast television to target shoppers based on geography and retail categories.
TVB's analysis of retail shopping and TV viewing revealed that:
- Holiday and Back to School account for over $731 billion in holiday spending.
- Top gifts will vary with each holiday.
- Local Broadcast provides Multiplatform Digital Opportunities.
- Online shoppers can be reached with broadcast TV.
- Perennial broadcast favorites are popular with consumers across multiple retail categories.
Source: NRF Holiday Spending Totals in Billions, 2016-2017